Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peace & Calmness

I'm in love with how calm and peaceful I've been feeling these past couple weeks!

I was REALLY stressed out during Finals, not getting enough sleep etc. Then I went on vacation to the D.R. and found bliss! I never knew it'd last this long. I LOVE it! My WONDERFUL April trip was canceled due to a last minute scheduling conflict so I'm hoping this bliss can last until my May trips. Vacations are TRULY a life savior. They help me get back to the basics and concentrate on the things that are important to me.

Calm vacations are my yoga, and I need one once a month. Yes, I said need. I went two months (Jan & Feb) for the first time in like 4 yrs without even a mini vacay a month and boy was I wound up! My schedule is pretty hectic, so leaving Chicago is the only time I get to not have a million things on my plate to do. I need time where I don't have to worry about the next meeting/appointment/committment. I think we all do. Sometimes we give so much of ourselves to causes, jobs, school, and other commitments, that there isn't much left for us.

If you're not taking me time, whether it's a vacation, hour alone meditating/praying, in town getaway, etc. think about it, imagine what your life and disposition could be like with it...

No comments: