Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting My Warm Weather Groove Back

I'm finally coming out of hibernation! =) As we know its cold where I live 60% or more of the year. I like to be warm, hot even is preferable. So, when it gets cold out I stay in the house unless it's someone's birthday or other special occasion. But it's finally warming up! And after 2 trips to warm locations in the past 2 weeks, I'm ready to be out and about!!

Now with this I've been slowly but surely getting out more and more. Well I think I took things a little too far, because I injured/aggravated my back, and I already had a controlled back issue. Yea, it's not so controlled now thanks to me =/ So I had to stop my training sessions at my gym, so I can take weeks of physical therapy in order to prevent back surgery. My surgeon was basically like either you do well in PT or I'll be performing surgery on you this late Spring. Needless to say I told my Physical Therapist to go hard, because I DO NOT want to have any type of surgery on my spine...smh...nosir!

So while that should've slowed me down immensely I've just decided to continue to pop my prescribed meds every morning, carry Ibuprofen, and do everything my therapist tells me to. After all it is warming up, I just have to make sure I'm not out in stilettos all the time and I should be good ;-)

No comments: